If you’re newly engaged, you may or may not have heard about engagement sessions. I get asked by couples all the time if they should do an engagement session. Here’s my take on it. If you’re someone who’s never been photographed professionally before and don’t know what to expect being in front of the camera. It’s a really good idea to do an engagement session. It’s meant to be a practice run before your wedding day. You can dress up in however casual or formal you want and bring props or even your pets if you wish. We’re also not bound by a timeline so we can take our time to get you comfortable.
You should do an engagement session so that:
- You get an idea of what it’s like to be photographed professionally and you won’t feel awkward on your wedding day.
- You and your photographer will get a chance to get to know each other.
- You get to use the photos for your save-the-dates and RSVPs.
- You get to dress up and have a fun and relaxed photo session at your favorite locations.
- You get to show off your engagement on social media using photos from your session.
I always recommend doing an engagement session. It makes such a big difference when doing couple’s formals. Couples who choose to do an engagement session tend to be more relaxed on their wedding day; the “warm up” process also shortens significantly because they know what to expect.
Feel free to check out more wedding planning tips on my blog.